Saturday, February 14, 2009

Nelson Breeders Show







Toby did win ribbons and I didnt compete the boys in halters lol this was the end of a long tiring day :-)
Today we took the big jump of taking both welsh boys out to the Breeders show. I was rather nervous taking Binky out as he hasnt been out for a year and though he is awesome to handle in the paddock he has got balls and you dont know what he might do. Well it turns out I have nothing to worry about. He was such a good boy. The judge liked him alot but not so much Toby. The judge did say, about Toby, that he was a lovely pony but needed to work on his manners (not trotting out, calling out to Binky, and not standing) and put a bit more weight on. He got a 2nd in his age group gelding class and a 4th in Showhunter 2yo.



Binky however suffered from a stupid owner. He got 4th in turnout, the judge commented about the fact that he was spotless which is not easy on a pony his colour. He got 2nd in the 2/3yo colt/filly class and was beaten by a VERY nice welsh colt. Then I stupidly decided to go, as I didnt have any classes for ages in the welsh ring, and join my classes in the coloured ring. Well he got 2nd in his dun/buckskin/cremello class, then I wandered back over to the welsh ring. The steward came over to me and asked where I had been and I said over at the other ring. She then informed me that I missed out on the Res Champ welsh youngstock ribbon(the stallion that beat me in the age group won champ). I wanted to sit down and cry. They had held the class up for me while they looked for me but couldnt wait forever. So GUTTED. But all in all I am happy with how both of the boys went out and about. I just need to work on manners and trotting out with Toby at home. So looking forward to the next show whenever that is :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment