Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Well thought I should update again


Binky needs a bigger neck













My halo has slipped somewhat with the promises that I will update this thing every couple of weeks. As my archaic computer drives me up the walls that has fallen by the wayside a bit. Hopefully the new computer should be here in the next couple of weeks or I will be forced to throw this old thing out the window.






Anyway I doubt people want to read about that crap when this is a horse blog.






Anyway there is really stuff all happening on the horse front. They are all looking good. I have secured some grazing across the road from our place for Alice and Mecca. Only for the fact that they need a bit more and they can eat to their hairy little hearts content. And in the case of Mecca she needs it, being coming up 30 and all she can afford to be a bit podgy. So I am wondering if I can try that for myself I will be 30 in a few years so I am allowed to be fat HAHAHA.






Anyway I digress again I took Binky and Toby to the Nelson youngstock show I decided actually Alice couldnt go as she would have had heart failure and thats not how I would like a foal to have her first outing. So the dependable little welsh boys went out. I played with the idea of clipping Binky out as he really did resemble something out of the welsh marshlands (or whereever they come from), and I was the moron that clipped a chunk out of his shoulder when I clipped Toby out so really he did look rather not like the showpony he was meant to be.






Anyway we plaited Binky and left Toby unplaited as the weather came over really bad and we left the boys on our lawn for the night. I roped in a mate for the leading and away we went. As the doc said dont do the show, there was a heavy rain warning out for Nelson I was sorta thinking that I shouldnt really be competing but there we were on a fine morning.






Binky was fantastic as ususal he didnt act like a colt at all and was quite happy to stand by the float and be primped and preened by me :-).






He won the movement class which I was really pleased with as it was a big class and won 2nd in the manners, 3rd in the head class (against some very nice ponies), um 2nd in the welsh class, Res champ pony of Breed. So Binky and I got our res ribbon hehe, sadly the judge didnt like Toby tob, but she did say he would make a lovely childs pony but if I am honest Toby's Manners left something to be desired as they were appaulling. Suz did a great job of handling him when he was being a right prick. One would have thought he was the one with Balls.






All and all the day was a good one and I was pleased with both of the boys but stoked with Binky as people either love him or they dont. And its showing that a few people do like him which is great I will heavily campaign him this year stand him to a few outside mares and then open his book right up in his 4yo season. He is a delight to have in the paddock and is really cool, a right houdini and you dont realise how inadequate your fencing is until you get a welsh colt in the paddock and they find every little hole.






As for the others, Missy has put on weight, as has Blondy, Pepper is looking amazing, Blake is an idiot but is coming back into work, I am aiming him and Pepper for the Winter Woolies show at the end of June, Pepper inhand and Blake inhand and under saddle but I dont know how successful I will be. Need to actually get on the horse before I can compete it. Where are those concrete pills. All the other horses are looking and doing well I cant wait till they start having foals and we start serving in sept/oct should be exciting. Im sure Binky has a thing or 2 to teach me hehe.


















No comments:

Post a Comment