Thursday, April 9, 2009

Marlborough Breeders

I thought that as the boys were such stars they deserved their own posting after all the rest of the ingreats.

I took Toby and Blake to the Breeders show over in Blen and they both looked and went SUPERB. I def think that giving Toby a tickle up with the whip before entering the classes was a great idea. He was forward and very well behaved. Blake started off acting like a right wanker and by the time his classes were over he was going very well and was rewarded by a 3rd in his manners class (shall we not tell him that the little black man won his mannered class ssssshhhhhhhh). Blake placed well in all his classes and the judge, whom is known for being a VERY hard judge commented to me that he was a very nice horse just lacked a few manners.

Toby however was a bloody wee star. He won Champion Saddle Hunter Youngstock, then went on to win the Champion Welsh Youngstock - Purebred. So I am so pleased with him. He also got a welsh rosette for his movement of which he placed 2nd in a very big class. The lady that was judging me (after 4 classes of which one was his champ class) asked me at the start of our 5th class with her oh is your pony clipped. Well hat off to the observant one!! We have only been in 4 of your classes so well done for noticing so quickly *rolls eyes*. Anyway she was a great judge and liked Toby so it was great. Blake stood at the float really well while Toby did his afternoon classes and at the end of the day it was 2 very tired horses we loaded back onto the float to go home. With the 2 wide purple ribbons!!!!

Seeing the photos of our showing expliots has shown me that I really need to stop eating!!! My god good year blimp here I come Im surprised that Greenpeace wasnt called (as we were showing at the airfield) with concerned people ringing up about the beached whale flapping about (you cant call what I was doing running).

However I am debating what I am going to do next show as its a youngstock show and I am hoping to get Alice together to take her in the foal classes then have the boys there for the afternoon classes but I dont like my chances of having Alice, leading, tying, and generally liking me!!! So it might just be Toby and Stinky that go out. I havnt sung yet so its not all over!!

Until next time.............

No comments:

Post a Comment