Friday, April 17, 2009

Wild Steed has now been tamed... sorta

Binky (left) is now a led rein pony
Alice (left) Whinny (Below)




Toby doesnt have a bung mouth really (left)

Pepper (below)








And the choccy mare (left)











Over the last few days I have moved people around as Choccy is the size of a goodyear blimp and she doesnt need to be on the dairy grass. I only had her on the flats as a mate for Alice. So I so charmingly shoved Mecca in the paddock in the vain hope that she would be Alice's best mate. However that wasnt meant to be and though she isnt nasty to Alice she is a grumpy old bitch.












Well I won another stupid cow award cos I shoved Choccy back out on the hill with the rest of the broodies and tried to move Alice thinking that she would just follow Mecca through the paddocks. Well you know what thought thought, thought thought his arse was out of bed so he got out to put it back in. Alice said you can get stuffed on that idea and lets just say that it took a good 1 1/2 hours to get Alice across 1 bridge and 3 paddocks. However we got there in the end. I got my wee 2yo (actually she is HUGE) out of the broody paddock and put her in with Alice andthey have buddyed up really well. So now in the yard paddock we have Mecca, Alice and Pepper.












My reason for moving them all is that I would like to put enough work into Alice that I can take her to a show in the middle of may. As she is a wee feral beast I thought best I start now. Day one saw her come into the yards with Pepper and learn that actually I didnt bite. In the end she would stand in the yard so I could pat her. And I took her broken halter off her. Day 2 was much the same and yesterday I didnt do alot. It makes it harder that she has NO IDEA what hardfeed is so I cant bribe her like I do everything else hehe so I need to dig deep into my bag of tricks so Alice likes me for me not cos I am the one that brings all the feed lol.












When we went there today I put her in the yard with Pep and then took Pep straight out, Alice ran away once and then was fine to stand while I patted her, she is still rather feral in the paddock and I cant touch her out there but she wont run away at a million miles an hour now. I put Binkys halter on her and tried some leading lessons. She clicks on really well and now "walks on" when asks and "stands" when asked so that is awesome. I even took her out into the main paddock and she was still fantastic so I was really proud of her.














I now have Mecca, Pepper, Blake, Toby and Binky winter rugged. I try to take them off during the day when the weather permits as its pretty grey and shit at the moment so they have had them on for the last 3 days so here's hoping for some covers off weather so they can have a big roll!!!












Am going to get Toby, Binky and Alice ready for the youngstock show and see how they all go. Its a bit had trying to show both the boys when they are in the same classes but hey I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment